Friday, May 27, 2011

Change them, pull them apart!!

So sometimes I just don't have the right embellishment in my Purple Pumpkin stash for the page that I'm working on (although not often, this does happen sometimes!)

If this happens to you, please feel free to change or pull apart your Purple Pumpkin embellishments to suit YOUR layout!

In the layout below, I have pulled apart a Spotty Button Top so I could use the only blue button I had left in my stash...



I have also pulled apart one of these flowers, as the space I had to fill didn't fill the whole flower. I will be able to use the leftover bits on another layout in the future.

Don't feel like you shouldn't pull your embellishments apart, you are entitled to be creative and change things up to suit yourself, as I have done for my layout Jared's Day.

And a closeup...

As you can see, I've also used the gorgeous Purple Pumpkin twine in two colours and two different places on my layout. Make sure you stock up twine in the next sale, its so the 'in thing' at the moment!

Thanks for visiting the Purple Pumpkin blog today, see you again soon!

Cheers,
Sar

4 comments:

Belinda said...

Gorgeous Sar!!!! Love how you used the twine and I am a big fan of altering!! :-)))

amanda73 said...

i love your layout,.... ive pulled a few pp embellies apart too....on my layout for the sketch, a couple of the stand alone buttons are pulled from button topped felt rounds as well

Alanna said...

Lovely!

Mel said...

Absolutely agree, sometimes I pull apart your stunning creations and they fit super perfectly then, just one colour is out of the layout papers I use. I love the versatility of your designs. Melxx