Monday, January 30, 2012

Scraplifting by Sar

Do you scraplift?

I am happy to admit that I certainly do!

Some days I want to scrap with all my heart...but I just don't know where to start. Between the joys of motherhood, the busy-ness of running a business and working as well, the everyday stuff....sometimes its just to hard to come up with something original!

On a day like this I have been known to pull out a Scrapbook Trends magazine and find a layout that I love, and then I proceed to copy it! Not an exact replica by any means, but the placement or the colours or the style...just SOMETHING to get me started.

At the end of the day, its another layout scrapped and another story that my family has in their albums. And to me, this makes it ok.

Here is a layout that I scraplifted from the latest Scrapbook Trends mag, my layout is called Bronte Loves The Ballpit!


A closeup of the alltime fave spotty button from Purple Pumpkin.


And a closeup of the gorgeous pink owl button from Purple Pumpkin as well as a clay star, which just suited this page perfectly.


Thanks for visiting, and I hope you all had a chance to shop in the new online store on Friday night, I know I did!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is sooooo cute! I am a 'serial scraplifter'. I get so much inspiration from other talented ladies. Sometimes I do complete lifts and other times my layout comes out completely different to the one that inspired me. That's what I love about this hobby. No two people do things 'exactly' the same.

Lizzy Hill said...

Scrap lifting/jacking is what makes the scrappy world go 'round...& in the end, it turns out to be your very own individual LO anyway... I looove the shared inspiration of this craft:):)