Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hello from Vicky!


Thank you  for your warm welcome and congratulations to all the ladies who joined the team! 
I am so excited to be here and writing my own post for Purple Pumpkin blog! WooHoo!!!
Thank you Sam & Sandra for that honor!!!

My name is Vicky VarvadoukaI am a happily married mum of two little girls (Nefeli & Ioli) and I work in a big company in Greece. Scrapbooking is my passion and a way to express my self! I started making layouts in September 2010 and have been obsessed ever since. My kids are the main source of inspiration for my work and are the primary subjects of my layouts. I can't say I have a certain style because I don't limit myself to one style, I choose a photograph or paper line or even an embellishment and adapt accordingly! I love to experiment and challenge myself with new techniques and textures! My work has been published in scrapbooking magazines and I have been a designer for several challenge blogs and on line shops! You are welcome to my blog:"My Embellished World"


If you already follow my blog, I am sure you have realized my love and addiction to Purple Pumpkin! I use them every chance I get! I 1st saw them on the layouts of a few favorite scrappers of mine Melinda & Belinda! I fell in love! I was disappointed because they are based in Australia but when I asked them about the shipping cost, I was pleasantly surprised!!! They are so cheap!! Check out the store --->HERE 
The ladies load the store every month on a specific date and time so keep an eye for that!


Maybe some of you remember that I was chosen as a guest designer on the last DT call 6 months ago, so today I will combine my guest & designer introduction post!
Sam sent me the Black&White kit...I had never done a layout with this color combo and I was a bit afraid but, when you hold such yummy embellies in your hands, inspiration just flows...and I do like a good challenge to get me out of the "comfort zone"!

Black&White

Everything in these close ups are Purple Pumpkin!!!(Except the charms)



My girl
For this layout I used the blue and pink buttons with the daisies, the pink heart button and the white doily!



Fearless

My fearless DD Ioli...nothing can stop her...She runs like crazy! Just like mummy! I love speed and anything extreme but I am always careful!
Oh, how I love the spotty buttons!!! They come in many colors and they are so cute!!
I also used the grey twine for my banner!



I am happy to say "See you again next month"..LOL!!!

Don't forget to participate in our sketch challenge!!! 
You still have time to link your project on the sidebar!!!

Have a nice day!
xoxo

3 comments:

Rachael Elliott said...

Hi Vicky, these pages are stunning!! I totally ADORE the My Girl page, it is so beautiful!

Σοφία said...

beaytiful pages !!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Just GORGEOUS Vicky!! You are seriously amazing!!! Love them all!