Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hello! It's Chantal here... ;)


Hello everyone!  This layout (based on a recent sketchabilities sketch), is documenting Heidi's first ever rollercoaster ride... she LOVED it!  And is now a "seasoned coaster-goer"!  So a fun subject calls for a fun layout (but any excuse will do!).  I've made my own "rollercoaster background" using grid paper, hand-cut with rollercoaster-style rises and dips, then after adhering this onto my decorated cardstock (that's another story!) I've then attached Dark Pink Baker's Twine on the top edges and journalled* on the bottom edges.

My "real" journalling is on the right of my layout in pink.  The * journalling is just a bit of fun.  For every rise there's the word "Up" and for every dip there's the word (yep you guessed it) "Down".  :D


But that's not all the journalling.  I've also journalled what big sister Lucy said at the exact moment I took the photo.  This has been done in a stamped speech bubble which has been stamped onto carnival tickets!  Yep, I've blocked out a small section of cardstock with carnival tickets for a bit of interest, a tiny bit of texture, and to balance out the two long strips of tickets at the bottom of the layout.

Did you spy that cute felt lollipop flower and green doily cut in half?  These too are from Purple Pumpkin's store, along with the baker's twine, yellow rose cabochon and carnival tickets. :)

Okay that's all from me for today... have an awesome day!!!

TFL and Cheers! :D

3 comments:

julie e said...

Great layout - I love the way you created "roller coaster" background paper.

Jo Baker said...

Chantal that roller coaster is fabulous!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Thank you so much!!! :) :)