Sunday, June 10, 2012

Your Very Best Birthday Prezzie - by Sarah G


My turn to post again today and here is the page I would like to share with you - It is a lot brighter than my usual but I think it works well with the colourful PP embelishments. The two photos are precious!!! I took them when my little son Benji was opening his presents at is 3rd birthday. He is obsessed with trains and had been asking for a 'Deisel 10' to add to his railway collection for months. The look on his face when he opened present and saw Deisel 10 in his box was priceless - and I managed to capture it with my camera - Yay!!!!
I made this page using the Saturday sketch over at the Kaisercraft blog. I fell in love with this 'Fine and Sunny' collection from Kaisercraft as soon as I saw it! The colours are so vivid and the prints are so cute and happy! I thought that they were perfect for my happy birthday photos. I made the border design on my blue cardstock background with my new Dylusions stencil. I used a black paint dauber to pick up the border design through my stencil then outlined the pattern with a white gel pen to make it really 'pop'.
The main PP 'star' embellishment matched my page perfectly. The doily that it is matted on is also PP (I gutted the doily so I can use the middle bit on another LO - they are much too good to cover up!). The fabric buttons, cute yellow tickets and bakers twine are all also from Purple Pumpkin (If you love bakers twine you really need to check out the PP stock - there is a HUGE range of colours and are sooo cheap you just can't stop at one or two !)
Have a great weekend wherever you are - don't forget to schedule in some crafting time :)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hi Sar
I won the May sketch challenge and have emailed a couple of times, did not want you to think I had not sent a thank you, but not heard back yet. Debbiexx