Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Little Miss Layout by Julianne McKenna-De Lumen

Good morning! Julianne here today, sharing a Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells layout, that I created while at a recent retreat. I know it's hard to beleive, but yes, this is actually Halloween themed paper, and I have mixed it with every day Purple Pumpkin embellishments. 


"LITTLE MISS"
My eldest daughter has a love of 'vintage' items, so I thought this paper would be a perfect complement for her picture. Thank goodness I like fussy cutting, because I had to do a whole lot of it on this layout. (I am not a Graphic 45 fan, so I used this paper as a personal challenge - and I think I have changed my mind about Graphic 45!).  


The Purple Pumpkin orange crochet doily and orange tulle bling flower were too bright for the papers, so I simply sprayed them with some black ink. Yes, I grunged them up!


I tore up some strips of the black loop washi tape, and added them randomly to my page. And I decorated one of the chipboard cogs with a black resin flower


And if you look very, very carefully, you might even spot the wooden  button that I have included on my layout. It's not very obvious. Can you see it? I used it at the centre of the chipboard clock. 

I loved this little challenge that I set myself. Just because a paper is themed, it does not mean it cannot be used for other purposes. And Purple Pumpkin products can be used with any type of paper - there is no limit to the possibilities.

Thank-you for stopping by today! 
I hope my little personal challenge might also inspire you to try something new, too? 

Cheers and keep on scrapping,
Julianne. 

4 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

This layout looks gorgeous in real life. I looked at it several times at Camp Mojo and admired it.

Elaine coustley said...

Great work with graphic 45 paper. your layout out is spectacular so colourful. x

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Gorgeous work Jules!!!!!!!! I LOVE this!!!!!!xx

Unknown said...

loved seeing this IRL...just gorgeous