Saturday, September 28, 2013

Bed Of Roses By Julianne McKenna-De Lumen

Welcome to our Purple Pumpkin friends! Can you believe that the first month of spring is nearly over? Wow, time just seems to be flying by. I cannot believe that I have been part of this awesome Purple Pumpkin Design Team for six months. But unfortunately, the time has now come to say good-bye. Today, I am sharing my final post. But don't be sad - there are new team members, with lots of new inspiration, heading your way. I am sure they will share many amazing projects with you. 


"Life Is Not A Bed Of Roses"
While visiting the Adelaide Show earlier this month, I came across this floral display in the craft section. Isn't it amazing! I knew it needed a layout that was a little different, and a little special. So I decided to play with some embossing enamel (the gold chevron background) and Croco Crackling medium to see what I could come up with. And I finished it all off with Dylusions, Glimmermists, stamping, and rhinestones.   


I wanted to create a layout that was a little romantic, and a little grungy, all at the same time. So I started by adding a satin bloom flower to the page. And I added two resin flowers to the centres of the butterflies. Flowers are always a romantic touch. 


I love peacocks - they are just so colourful and beautiful, so these fabric peacock buttons were a  perfect addition to this page. I've added  die cut paper doilies underneath to create a circular decorative border around the buttons. 


I have used the green polka dot washi tape to help create a border and frame around my photograph (it also helps to hold down the die cut burlap paper). 

Don't forget, all these cute and funky products can be found in the Purple Pumpkin store - and it is the little things like this that make your projects unique and individual. 

It has been an honour, and absolute pleasure, to be part of this team for six months, and to have the opportunity to share my work with you. Thank-you for all your comments and love, they have been greatly appreciated. :-) 

Cheers,
Julianne. 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Love the photo and the colours in the layout.

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Juliane, it was a great pleasure to have you in our team!!! Your work offers amazing inspiration!! Thanks for everything!!!xx