Saturday, September 14, 2013

I Smile Because Of You by Julianne McKenna-De Lumen

Back in August, while at the annual Camp Mojo Retreat, I attended two classes taught by the amazing Louise Nelson. Today, I am sharing one of the layouts that I created in her class. 


Louise's classes are all about the techniques. So we had a lot of messy fun, learning new ways to play with products. But it also allowed me to look at scrapbooking in a whole new light. And to think about trying things that I would never have thought of before. 


Using the techniques that Louise taught me, I was able to highlight certain embellishments, in a totally different way. By layering a flower on the Purple Pumpkin blue crochet doily, I was able to create a point of focus, bringing your eye to this corner and the photo. 

And the blue polka-dot fabric button? Well, I just threw that in there for fun, and a dash of whimsical. :-)


By using a lot of Purple Pumpkin blue twine swirled across the background, I was able to use this as my anchor for my photo and other embellishments. 

I just love how these splashes of vibrant blue (and yellow), just pop off the page. And the textured background, and splatters of spray mists, help keep the page balanced and interesting.

Thank-you for joining me today. I hope I have helped inspire you to try something new, something different, or something a little outside of the box. Experimenting and playing is ALWAYS a good thing!!!

Julianne. x 

2 comments:

Kylie said...

Gorgeous x

Elaine coustley said...

Just so sweet. Love your colours misting looks great. i can never seem to get my misting splatters to go right.x