Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Project Life - sort of...with Lizzy Hill

Hey there! Sometimes I 'cheat' with my PL ideas. My son got married last year, & I'm in the middle of doing an album, & have done a few LOs ---but there were photos I wanted to scrap...but not make a feature page of. My solution? PL style pages. But NOT using the PL plastic sleeves. Why? Cos they are a little inflexible. Take this page:
You can't create flower 'trails' like this in the plastic folders....but doing it this way, you can!
For my backing paper, I used those 12x12 pieces of paper that come in your pack of normal scrapbooking sleeves. They don't need to be card stock, because the photos provide the strength to your page.
Here's a page where I used a cute little flower PP button:
It also means you have greater flexibility for arranging your photos. Sometimes the folder only allows room for a couple of portrait photos, for example, which can simply NOT work with the photos you have on hand.
Because these were all wedding photos, I actually went through my PL stash first - along with my inks & embellies - & chose what I thought would work as a colour combo. This created continuity for my pages. Below is a FABULOUS satin flower from the PP shop:
I punched out a few leaves for around the edges. Can you see most of the photo corners are rounded? Using a punch to do this creates a look that is similar to the PL style:) More 'faking it'!!
I really enjoyed doing these pages, & was quietly happy with my fake PL....maybe you can find a use for it in scrapping those 'events' where you have lots of photos, too:)
Thanks for looking & happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

2 comments:

Helen Wallace said...

Another clever idea Lissy…I had a play with PL recently and was frustrated by the lack of flexibility. You've shown me a way to adapt to use the photos I have….love this page. The cream flower, the pink hearts, the floral fabric button, the lace….just delicious. Thanks for the inspiration :D

Annie Claxton said...

Brilliant ideas thanks Lizzy - maybe I now have a way forward with my wedding album! :o)